Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Whatever Floats Your Boat

Hi, I'm Kristen! This is my first attempt at blogging, so it should be pretty interesting...
Since these blogs are primarily for our Christian Traditions class, I feel like I should share a little about my religious background. My parents both grew up in fairly religious homes and they attended Church regularly. However, neither of my parents raised me or my sister as strict Christians. It was more "they-wanted-me-to-discover-it-on-my-own" type parenting. So, here I am. I don't have a strong Christian background but I am open to learning about all religions. I'm fascinated how so much of the Christian history has influenced Western society, and I think that whatever gives people purpose and happiness in life should take priority. It could be something outside themselves (like God), or something within (inner peace). My mom recently sent me an email she got from a friend titled "Symptoms of Inner Peace:"
1. The tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears
2. The ability to enjoy each moment
3. Loss of interest in judging self and others
4. Loss of interest in conflict
5. Disinterest in interpreting the actions of others
6. Loss of the ability to worry
7. Frequent episodes of appreciation
8. Feeling connected to others and nature
9. Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes of the heart
10. The increasing tendency to let things happen rather than to make them happen.

This is how I try to live my life, and for some people God offers the same thing. We are all just trying to find meaning in our lives and I respect and encourage everyone in their quest to find it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment