Thursday, February 21, 2013

Blindness, Bibles, Braille, Oh My!

Well. Since we haven't had class in over a week, I'm running low on ideas here. So don't get upset if my blogs take a turn for the random...

In other news, a complete version of a Braille Bible has finally been completed! Shockingly, there has never been one until now. When it came to Braille Bibles, certain books and chapters were always left out but now the blind can finally foster their spirituality without the help of eyes. Since Braille is usually in large print, this Braille Bible consists of many different books. They together fill about 7 boxes!

"Let me just go get my Bible real quick" may now take on new meaning as the blind struggle to lug 7 boxes into the room. (Sorry, too far?)

The Bible Society hopes this will lead to a surge in churches for the blind and they predict more blind people will minister the word of God.

That's it for randomness this week. Peace until Monday!

Read for yourself about blindness, Bibles, Braille and more:

Blindness, Bibles, Braille, Oh My! This is the article I accessed my stuff from


No comments:

Post a Comment